FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
To join the contest, the following must be submitted to the Mall Administration Office (preregistration) or to the official event organizer during the Preliminary Screening schedule:
- Application Form – completely filled-up and signed by the parent/s (exercising parental authority) of the contestant
- Original & photocopy of the contestant’s birth certificate (original copy will be returned after proper verification of the photocopy)
- Two (2) copies of 4R size photo of the contestant taken with light make-up only: one (1) close up shot and one (1) whole body shot
The following are not eligible to join or be qualified to win the SM Little Stars competition:
- Winners or placers from other similar contests within the duration of the previous calendar year until the current calendar year, of any company/sponsor and its affiliates with the same line of business or industry or in conflict with the business or industry of SM Supermalls and SM Retail Affiliates (SM Store, SM Markets and Toy Kingdom only)
- Boys and girls who have been contracted in any form or made arrangements (verbal or
of whatever nature by a print publication, TV network, talent management agency, or movie
whose photo, appearance or performance will be printed, published, aired or shown (e.g.
advertisement, TV show, feature and/or advertisement or digital feature and/or
during the contest period from the Preliminary Screening, Regional Finals,
Finals and up to the last online airing date of SM Little Stars 2019 Grand Finals.
- Boys and girls who have any commercial arrangement with any publication, talent or advertising outfit or of similar kind whose appearance or performance will be printed, published, aired or shown during the contest period from the Preliminary Screening, Regional Finals, Grand Finals and up to the last online airing date of SM Little Stars 2019 Grand Finals.
- The top ten (10) winners from the previous years of the competition.
The Preliminary Screening will be held in the following SM mall branches:
|METRO MANILA 1|
|METRO MANILA 2|
|METRO MANILA 3|
|NORTH LUZON 1|
|NORTH LUZON 2|
|NORTH LUZON 3|
|SOUTH LUZON 1|
|SOUTH LUZON 2|
Costumes are allowed; however, props are not allowed during the Preliminary screening, except for the following items/objects:
- Table (maximum measurement of 4 feet long and 1.5 feet wide), chair, lyric stand or microphone stand or any form of device used in playing a musical instrument; mat for dance or gymnastics; or similar item necessary for the delivery of the talent performance.
The following stage props are STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED during the talent performance in the Preliminary Screening, Regional Finals and Grand Finals:
- Cane, gun, balls, box, banner, backdrop, fire-related material, or any similar material inappropriate, hazardous or poses risks to the contestant and to others
- Batons, machetes, knives, and other pointed objects
- Smoke or smoke-effect, helium balloons or confetti. Baton twirlers and/or other similar acts using batons, machetes, knives, pointed objects and other objects that may pose risk and danger will not be accepted.
Yes. During the Preliminary Screening, each contestant will be given only a maximum of ONE (1) minute to perform his/her talent onstage. The judge/s has the right to stop a performance if deemed necessary during the one (1) minute time limit. The decision of the judge/s is final in concurrence with DTI.
For the Regional Finals and Grand Finals, each finalist will be given only a maximum of TWO (2) minutes to perform his/her talent onstage.