SM Supermalls and Commission on Elections (COMELEC) have officially teamed up to provide voters with more registration venues at SM. After signing a Memorandum of Agreement last August 27, 2021, at Level 2 South Entertainment Mall SM Mall of Asia, COMELEC has opened satellite registration centers in SM Supermalls nationwide. This gives the public a safer, more convenient option amidst the prevailing Covid health crisis.
COMELEC is the latest government agency to partner with the mall chain in bringing basic government services closer to the public. Other in-mall government services include Covid vaccination, international vaccine certification at the Bureau of Quarantine satellite office, National ID registration, passport application and express services from government agencies such as PAGIBIG, PhilHealth, SSS, and GSIS.
With COMELEC registration centers now open in 67 SM Supermalls nationwide, here’s a quick guide:
- Who are qualified to register?
You are qualified if you meet the following reguirements:
- Filipino citizen
- At least 18 years old by the time of the Elections (May 2022)
- A Filipino resident for at least one (1) year, residing in the place in which you intend to register in for at least six (6) months
- What do I need to bring before going to the registration site?
- Download and accomplish the CEF-1 application form via https://comelec.gov.ph/ or via https://irehistro.comelec.gov.ph/cef1 and the Coronavirus Self Declaration Form. You may need to download and accomplish other forms as necessary (i.e. PWD).
- A valid ID, which may be any of the following:
a. Student ID (or School Library ID signed by school authority) g. Passport b. Employee’s ID (with signature of employer or authorized representative) h. SSS/GSIS ID c. Senior Citizen ID i. Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID d. PWD Discount ID j. PRC License e. Driver’s License k. Postal ID f. NBI Clearance l. NCIP Certificate of Confirmation (for members of ICCs or IPs)
*Cedula and Police Clearance will not be honored
- Own ball pen, face mask, and face shield. It is recommended to also bring your own alcohol or hand sanitizer. Please be reminded to keep safe social distance at all times.
- Is there an express lane?
An express lane is reserved for Senior Citizens, PWDs, and heavily pregnant registrants.
- What are the other services offered in the registration sites?
a. Filing of changes or correction in the entries (typographical errors in personal details or changes by reason of marriage, annulment, or court order)
b. Transfer of registration records
c. Reactivation of registration records
c. Updating of records for PWDs and senior citizens
d. Inclusion of Records in the Book of Voters/Reinstatement of Name in the List of Voters
For information on the requirements, visit: https://irehistro.comelec.gov.ph/cef1.
- I have already registered in the past. Can I check status of my registration?
Yes. You may verify your registration status by:
a. Calling COMELEC’s IT Department at 8527-9365 or 8526-7769;
b. Directly coordinating with the Office of the Election Officer in their district, city, or municipality
c. Accomplishing the form via https://irehistro.comelec.gov.ph/cef1.
- Can I register at any satellite office in SM?
The registration in malls is limited to residents of the city or district of the COMELEC conducting mall satellite registration. Hence, if you live in Makati District 1, you can register in a Makati mall where COMELEC Makati District 1 is holding registration.
67 SM Supermalls are participating till Sept 30 across the country. This aims to help ease and unburden voter registration traffic in barangays, providing the public a more convenient, faster and safer way to avail of your right to vote. Register now.
List of voter's registration centers at SM malls, as of September 14: