Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is an electric vehicle (EV)?
An automotive vehicle that is powered by electricity and uses an electric motor.
Are EVs green and environment friendly?
EVs are true zero emission vehicles since they have no tailpipe exhaust and no evaporative emissions from fuel systems.
How do you charge an EV?
EVs can be charged with the use of compatible AC or DC EV chargers.
How long does it take to charge an EV?
Charging time is dependent on both battery capacity of the EV and the charging power of the EV charger. To figure out how long it would take to charge a battery, you can divide the battery capacity by the charging power.
What type of chargers are available for use at the SM e-Vehicle Charging Stations?
Wallbox Pulsar Plus 7.4kW AC Chargers with Type 2 connectors.
Tritium RTM50 50kW DC Rapid Charger with CCS2 Type 2 and CHAdeMO (SM City Baguio only).
Are the chargers compatible to all EVs?
The chargers come with Type 2 connectors therefore compatible with EVs that accept the Type 2 connectors. For vehicles that do not have Type 2 connectors, you may still use the chargers if you are able to provide a proper adapter that lets you connect your vehicle to our chargers. Please consult your car manufacturer to determine the accepted connectors of your EV.
Is it safe to charge an EV?
To ensure your safety and the security of your EV, the chargers we use are tested and certified with UL, a global safety science leader.
Do I need to pay anything to charge my EV?
Currently this is a FREE service to EV owners and customers of SM Supermalls.
Where can I find the EV Stations?
EV Stations can be found in the following SM Malls : SM North Edsa, SM Megamall, SM Mall of Asia, SM Aura, SM Southmall, The Podium, SM City Valenzuela, SM City Grand Central, SM City Fairview, SM City Manila, SM City San Lazaro, SM City Sta. Mesa, SM City Marikina, SM City San Lazaro, SM City Sta. Mesa, SM City Marikina, SM City Bicutan, SM City BF Paranaque, SM City Baguio, SM Center Tuguegarao Downtown, SM City Clark, SM City Trece Martires, SM City Sta. Rosa, Sky Ranch Tagaytay, SM City Naga, SM City Cebu, SM Seaside City Cebu, SM City CDO Uptown, SM CDO Downtown Premier, SM Lanang Premier
How many EV stations are there?
There are 32 chargers in 27 malls nationwide, making SM the largest provider of EV Charging Stations in the Philippines.
Are there perks to charging your car in SM?
Yes. You can visit SMDeals.com to see exclusive perks and promos for EV Car owners.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions shall govern your use of the Electronic Vehicle (“EV”) Charging Stations at SM Supermalls. By using any of the EV Charging Stations, you acknowledge that you have read these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound thereby.
Should you not agree to any of these Terms and Conditions, please refrain from the use of the EV Charging Station nor prevent or obstruct any other person from having access to the EV Charging Station.
Use of the EV Charging Station
- While SM Supermalls is currently providing the use of the EV Charging Station free of charge, SM Supermalls reserves the right to charge for such service at any time.
- You must exert all reasonable efforts to ensure that the use of the EV Charging Station is in accordance with the instructions, which may be subject to change without notice from time to time, displayed on or near the EV Charging Station at the time of use.
- You likewise acknowledge that the EV Charging Station shall be unmanned and that you are, as the user, at all times, accountable for the proper use of the EV Charging Station. However, SM Supermalls may, at any time as it may deem fit, restrict the use or access of the EV Charging Station for whatever reason.
- You are responsible for determining if your vehicle is compatible with the EV Charging Station you wish to use and to use the EV Charging Station in accordance with the user manual that came with your EV and the manufacturer’s instructions, guidelines or recommendations.
- Any damage to SM Supermalls, to you, to your EV, to third parties and/or their property arising out of, or directly or indirectly caused by, your use of the EV Charging Station, shall be your responsibility. Consequently, you are liable to compensate SM Supermalls, and agree to indemnify SM Supermalls for any direct or indirect loss or damage that may be sustained by or caused to SM Supermalls, the EV Charging Station or any third party and/or their property as a result of your use of the EV Charging Station.
- Should you notice any damage to or defect in the EV Charging Station, you must immediately notify SM Supermalls personnel in the area or communicate such observation to SM Supermalls by calling [insert phone number] or sending an electronic mail message to: [insert email address].
Your Personal Data
- SM Supermalls may ask you to provide certain personal information and such other statistical information in connection with your use of the EV Charging Station.
- Any collection, use or storage of personal information shall be subject to the provisions of the Republic Act No. 10073 or the Data Privacy Act of the Philippines.
- SM Supermalls reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions, without notice, at any time. Thus, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions applicable at the time of your use of the EV Charging Station ang agree to be bound thereby.
- These Terms and Conditions are binding on and enforceable by and against either you and SM Supermalls in the same manner as a fully executed contract between us.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of the Philippines and any legal proceeding arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be brought to the proper courts in Pasay City, Philippines.
Any questions, clarifications, request for assistance or information in connection with the EV Charging Station may be addressed to SM Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org