What’s it for: The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) issues the Overseas Employment Certificate as an exit pass for Overseas Filipino Workers, and which will serve as exemption for OFWs to pay for the travel tax and airport fees. This applies to a worker who is on vacation or on leave from employment, a rehire, or a Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) registered worker.

How and where to get it: Register and log in at www.bmonline.ph, fill out the form with your details and select Acquire OEC, select your preferred POEA office for the appointment, then print the document. To check if there’s a POEA satellite office at your nearby SM Mall, visit the mall directory. For further inquiries, visit the POEA website, call 8722-1144 or 8722-1155, or email connect@poea.gov.ph

Requirements: Filled out Balik Manggagawa Information sheet, passport with at least six months validity from departure date, valid work visa or work permit, employment contract verified by the embassy or consulate, and proof of existing employment which shows that the worker is returning to the same employer.