What’s it for: Aside from being a binding contract and proof of your marriage, this document is also helpful when entering into legal and financial transactions as a couple or as a married individual. It’s especially useful for women as it confirms one’s identity after changing surnames post-marriage.

How and where to get it: To obtain a marriage certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), you may visit SM Business Service Center at SM Supermalls. Check if an SM Business Service Center is open at your preferred mall by visiting this portal or by contacting us at 8876-1111. For further inquiries, visit the PSA website, call 8462-6600 locals 839, 833 and 834, or email

Requirements: Valid IDs, filled out application form, processing fee (P155*)